- Published: Monday, 02 June 2014 13:35
- Written by Super User
MDRL Printing Policy
The MDRL provides the following print
services to eligible lab patrons
Large-format (poster) printing: Large-format printing is a resource for students of Auburn University for class assignments or academic research projects. See the MDRL Help Desk for setup assistance and approval of large-format prints.
The MDRL does not provide large-format printing for personal, campus organization, or departmental purposes. For example, we do not print birthday posters, Greek or campus event materials, or departmental signage.
Self-service laser printing: Laser printing is self-service. All charges for laser printing are automatically charged to your student eBill as follows:
- Color laser printing costs 50¢ per sheet-side. Available sheet sizes include Letter, Legal, Tabloid, and certain pre-approved custom media. The 50¢ charge applies to the sheet-side, regardless of its size. Our color laser printer supports double-sided (duplex) printing for most media types. Duplex prints are billed as two sheet-sides.
- Black-and-white (monochrome) laser printing costs 7¢ per sheet-side. Available sheet sizes include Letter, Legal, and certain pre-approved custom media. The 7¢ charge applies to the sheet-side, regardless of its size. Duplex prints are billed as two sheet-sides.
Here are some more things to keep in mind when you print:
- The MDRL is not a drop-off service bureau. We will help you print, but you must visit the lab in-person.
- Charges for self-service laser printing include anything that you accidentally print. Think before you click print, and choose the self-service printer carefully! For example, printing a black-and-white document to the color laser printer will charge you the same as if it were in color.
- Be efficient!